SMS stands for ‘Short Message Service’ and is a text message which can be sent to or from a mobile phone. SMS Marketing refers to the use of SMS as a marketing channel. These days, most companies’ marketing budgets are tight – to say the least. This means every single channel used has to have clear benefits and a tangible return on investment. As more brands look to target customers on the move, it is becoming an increasingly essential part of effective multi-channel marketing because of the various advantages of sms marketing.
Using Betaout’s SMS Marketing module, you can send carefully crafted text messages to engage your customers in real-time. In this article, we’ll discuss seven advantages of SMS Marketing for your company:
- Direct and Instant Deliverability: The average time for all mobile carriers and SMS services is less than 7 seconds from send to received. As compared to Email or mobile push notifications where the user must be connected to the internet, SMS can reach a customer on their mobile devices almost instantly. This is one is one of the greatest advantages of sms marketing.
- Helps In Brand Reinforcement: One of the major advantages of SMS Marketing is that it helps reinforce your brand among consumers. By engaging them with communication that is in line with the rest of your marketing, you can leverage upon SMS as a channel to stay on top of your customers’ mind.
- Deliver Event-triggered Engagement: Using a marketing automation tool such as Betaout, you can send event-triggered SMS messages to your customers based upon their intent and actions on your e-commerce store. Event-triggered SMS helps you to engage with your customers who are high in value and intent.
- Highly Cost-effective: SMS Marketing is an inexpensive method of communication in comparison to traditional marketing mediums. According to studies, SMS delivers about 1600% return on investment – making it one of the most efficient marketing channels.
- Solid Open Rate: According to studies, the average open rate of text messages is a whopping 95% as compared to 27% for email. Customers keep their mobile phones on hand, making it easy to communicate your message to them. Solid open rate is one of the greatest advantages of sms marketing.
- Easy To Set-up: Setting-up an SMS Marketing campaign is fairly simple. Using an SMS Marketing tool like Betaout, you can send Broadcast, Recurring or One-to-one SMS to your customers and analyze campaign performance in real-time.
- Limited Personal Details Required: With SMS marketing, your subscribers can typically choose to hand over as much or as little information as they wish. This flexibility proves to be fairly enticing to consumers in general, as they are in control, and not the other way around.
- Increased Customer Engagement: With SMS, there is an incredibly high rate of subscriber action as responding to a text message is effortless and takes seconds. Mobile Marketing Association says that people are five times more responsive to SMS marketing than other mediums.
- Support And Integration With Other Channels: A major benefit of SMS Marketing is the potential it has when you integrate it into any of your marketing campaigns. Simply integrating SMS with your other marketing methods to create drip campaigns can get the message straight to your customers, ensuring that they know what you have to offer them.
Click here to know about FAQs on SMS marketing and Types of SMS marketing and what are the Advantages Of Live Chat and Click here to schedule a free demo.